Get Adobe Flash player
Home City Departments City Clerk

City Clerk

The City Clerk Department encompasses several different aspects of the City's essential functions. The department's responsibilities include, but are not limited to: the budget, business licenses and permits, park shelter and building rentals, special assessments, utility billing, and voter registration. 
Janie Cox
City Clerk / Treasurer
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it


2011 Audit Report

2011 Financial Statements with Independent Auditor's Report



Mill Levy: The mill levy to fund the 2017 budget for the City of Haysville is 48.618.

The value of each mill is based on the total assessed valuation of the City and is per $1,000. The valuation is $55,212,492 making one mill worth $55,212.49.

To calculate the taxes on a $100,000 home, multiply the appraised value ($100,000) by the percentage for residential housing of 11.5% ($100,000 x 11.5% = $11,500). The result is the assessed value of the home, or $11,500, and this is what the tax is based on. Multiply the assessed value ($11,500) by the total mill levy (city + state + county + school district) which is 153.973 and then divide by 1,000. The total tax due on the home would be $1,770.69. The same process would apply to a $55,000 home: $55,000 x 11.5% = $6,325 x 153.973 / 1,000 = $973.88. Remember to add on the cemetery mill levy if you are assessed for one.


Click here to view the 2017 budget.


Business Licenses / Permits

All businesses in the City of Haysville must have a business registration/license.  The initial fee is $10.00 with an annual renewal fee of $5.00.  Applications are available at City Hall.
Other licenses that can be obtained at  City Hall:
Some forms are available for downloading and can be printed, filled out, and returned to City Hall with required fees.

Open Records


Public records can be accessed by completing a request for the specific record needed.  A citizen can either view the record, with an employee present, or obtain a copy of the record if it is in a format that can be easily copied.  Fees are based on the time required for an employee to produce and/or reproduce the record.


The City Clerk serves as the Freedom of Information Officer and is available in case of disputes about whether or not a record is "public."


Park Shelter / Building Rentals

The following park shelters are available to rent:
Band Shell $10 With Electricity $20  Image
Riggs Shelter $10 With Electricity $20  Image
Timberlane Shelter $10 With Electricity $20  Image
Riggs Park Gazebo $10 No Electricity ----  Image
Historic Park Gazebo $25 With Electricity $25  Image
Police Shelter $10 With Electricity $20  Image
Lions Club Shelter $35 With Electricity $35 Exterior, Interior, Kitchen
Kirby Park Shelter $10 With Electricity $20  Image
Orchard Acres Shelter $10 With Electricity $20  Image
Pear Tree Shelter $10 With Electricity $20  Image
Plagens-Carpenter $10 With Electricity $20  Image
Whisler Park Shelter $10 With Electricity $20  Image
Orchard Acres Scout Shelter $10 With Electricity $20  Image
Brady Shelter (Plagens-Carpenter) $10 With Electricity   $20  Image


The following buildings are available to rent:
  Residents Non-Residents
Community Building
Refundable Deposit $50 $50
One Time Use $75 $100
Once-a-month Use $675 Yearly $900 Yearly
Twice-a-month Use $1,350 Yearly $1,800 Yearly
Weekly Use $2,925 Yearly $3,900 Yearly
Interior Photo 1      Interior Photo 2     Exterior
Senior Center

The Haysville Senior Center is only available as a rental for senior events.

Please call the Senior Center at (316) 529-5903 for more information.


Senior Center


The Haysville Senior Center is available to any area resident age 55 or over.  The Red Cross Good Neighbor Nutrition Program provides noon meals for those who can attend the center, and volunteers also deliver meals to those who are home bound.  


The Center is open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, except holidays.


Senior Center Main Article


Special Assessments


Special Assessments are fees charged against property for improvements which may include streets, water and sewer.  The monthly fees, or specials, are based on the cost of each project and can vary widely, depending on how extensive the project is, how many lots will be included in spreading the specials, and interest rates for the bonds that are being repaid.


Utility Billing

Online Payments: Pay My Bill


Automatic Payments:  You can have your water bill automatically deducted from your checking or savings account.  Payments are deducted on the 15th of each month.  Complete the Authorization Form and return it to City Hall with a voided check or deposit slip to begin this service.


E-billing for Water Bills:  Go paperless and receive your water bill through e-mail.  Sign up at City Hall, 200 W. Grand, or print the form, complete and return to City Hall.


Service Set Up:  The City of Haysville provides water and wastewater services to residents.  To sign up for these services, a set up fee of $25 must accompany a signature card, and can be handled at City Hall, 200 West Grand Avenue.  


Service Transfer:  For transfer of service from one residence in the City to another, a Transfer Fee of $15.00 is charged. That helps cover the cost of reading one meter, turning it off, setting up service at another address, and turning that service on, as well as the record keeping to final out one address and set up the billing account for another.


Water Rates: The current water rate is $2.82 per thousand gallons used. In addition to the City's rate, there is a $.032 per thousand gallons water fee charged by the state. A higher fee is charged for residents outside the City limits who are served by Haysville's water system.

Wastewater Rates: Wastewater is charged based on water used during the months of January, February, and March each year. The usage is averaged, then calculated at $7.25 per thousand gallons, which will be the fee for the next year. If a resident has not yet established usage during January, February, and March, the city-wide average is used which is $23.93, or 3,300 gallons (this does not include commercial accounts). A fee of $13.85 is added to each account for the cost of building and operating the wastewater treatment facility. There is also a storm water fee of $1.75/month for residential customers. Non-residential developed property is charged a storm water fee based on property size.

Fees: A late fee of 5% on water and wastewater is added if the bill is unpaid after the 20th of each month. 


Delinquencies:  Delinquent notices are sent to those accounts past due after the 20th of the previous month.  About 2 weeks after that date, those accounts still unpaid will be turned off for non-payment.  This is done on a Wednesday and is usually about the 2nd Wednesday of each month.  If an account is unpaid on water shut-off day, an additional penalty of $20 is added to the account, whether or not the water is actually turned off.

A PINK DELINQUENT CARD is sent out two weeks before the utility shut off date. A GREEN CARD is sent out one week before the utility shut off date and is the final notice.


Billing Information:  There are approximately 3,800 water meters in the City of Haysville and they are read beginning the first week of each month.  The usage is entered into hand held meter readers and the data is downloaded onto a computer.  The information is then sent to the Utility Billing Clerk and bills are calculated and printed.  Utility bills are mailed so customers receive them on the 1st of the month if at all possible.  


Something to remember is that the utility bill received the first of the month is actually for water used two months prior.  For instance, meters are read the first week of June for water used during the month of May.  Bills are calculated and printed and the customer will receive the bill about July 1.  The usage shown on the July 1 statement, therefore, is for water used during May.


New customers may not receive their first bill for nearly two months for the same reasons.


Temporary Water Service:  In some cases, a temporary water service can be requested.  If a landlord is cleaning up a property for the next tenant, but does not want to set up an account for the week or two necessary for that purpose, a temporary service for one week at a time, for a charge of $10 can be obtained. The charge for two weeks is $20, but no more than two weeks is allowed. The commercial rate for temporary water service is $15 per week plus sales tax.


Water Bill Extensions:  If an unforeseen emergency prevents a customer from being able to pay their utility bill on time, an extension can be requested.  In order to obtain an extension, a form for that purpose must be signed by the customer, stating when they will be paying for the bill.  Extensions are only given for two weeks.  If the extension is not requested until water shut off day, the additional $20 is added to the bill. Three extensions are allowed annually.


Adjustment Policy:  A water leak in the service line to a residence may result in a large amount of water being charged on the customer's bill.  A licensed plumber is required to make any repairs to water lines in the City of Haysville and a permit is also required.  If the code is followed and proper inspections are made, the customer may request an adjustment to the water bill of half the excess water.  That would mean the customer pays for half and the City "forgives" half.  If the code is not followed and a licensed plumber with a permit is not used, a reduced adjustment may be made with proper proof of repairs.  That type of adjustment will only be made once.



Voter Registration


If you are 18 or older be sure to stop in at City Hall and register to vote.  You may take a form with you or it can be mailed to you if you can't pick one up. Remember that you need to re-register each time you move.